Arnold Schoenberg: From the fundamental of musical composition said that the doctrine of musical composition is divided into three areas; Theory of form, Harmony and Counterpoint.
Theory of form > Construction ideas or development of music and architectural thought.
- Understanding existing elements and the rhythm of site.
- Connecting the old existing structure and the new forms of architecture.
Harmony > Possible musical and architectural connection between tectonic, melodic, rhythmic and relative weight.
- Investigating the site’s materials and textures.
- Constructing them into harmony and proportion orders.
Counterpoint > Theme, movement of voice, and melody circulation.
- Completing the existing walkway circulation at lawn to the new melody circulation on water.
- Using the organic line language to continue the movement’s theme.